CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 27, 2010

Daring Bakers - No Stollen

The 2010 December Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Penny of Sweet Sadie’s Baking. She chose to challenge Daring Bakers’ to make Stollen. She adapted a friend’s family recipe and combined it with information from friends, techniques from Peter Reinhart’s book.........and Martha Stewart’s demonstration.

I wasn't able to participate in the Daring Bakers challenge this month. I am a bit sad because it is the first time since I started back in February that I have not participated. I'm probably not even supposed to post the blog checking lines above since I didn't participate, but I still wanted you to be able to see the challenge this month and all the stollen that is out there from the other Daring Bakers.

I really, really thought long and hard about making the stollen (aka fruitcake) but I just decided that this was one time I was going to have to say no. You know, when you get too much on your plate and something has to give. This was it. Not only do we have a bit on our plate, but we are also fasting from sugar so it seemed a bit of a hoop to jump through to make it and then take it for others to enjoy at a Christmas party or something. I am certain they would have enjoyed it, but I ended up taking a savory dish instead of a sweet so that I could enjoy it too.

0 comments: