CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Peeps S'Mores


 
Yes, that is a photo of the finished product! If you’ve ever had a S’more you know that they traditionally consist of graham crackers, a piece of a chocolate bar, and a toasted marshmallow or two. I have heard of others who change up an ingredient or two but not me. I am a traditionalist when it comes to S’mores. It has to be one whole graham cracker, ¼ of a Hershey chocolate bar, and two toasted marshmallows. That has always been my recipe for S’mores. That is until now.

My friend (thanks, Sheila!) linked to a posting of someone who made S’mores using a Peeps chick in place of the marshmallows. Since we happen to be out camping while the Peeps are available I thought this would be a great opportunity to try it out.
 
Doesn’t it look like the chick is staring at me begging me not to put him in my S’more? 

 
He wasn’t so lucky, as you can see. After his toasting he almost looks a bit more like a rubber ducky, huh. I guess the caramelizing of his sugar gave him that look. And the poor guys’ eyes are gone and his beak is a toasty brown.

Have I become a convert of Peeps S’mores? Nope, not a chance. I found that while they were certainly the same sugary sweet as a traditional S’more, the marshmallow peep either didn’t get hot enough or wasn’t big enough to even start melting the chocolate bar. And I have to say I love my chocolate bar oozing out of the graham cracker along with the toasted marshmallow. So, it was fun for a change of pace but we’ll be sticking with the traditional S’more around this campsite. Enjoy!

0 comments: