CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Clifford Sized Cookie


The title of this post, as well as the frosting on the cookie, require a little explanation. A few weeks ago, our theme for preschool was cookies. One of the books we chose to read was called Cookie Crazy, and it was about Clifford visiting the local fair and giving in to the temptation presented in the form of a giant cookie. I don't think the life lesson they were trying to teach was about giving in to temptation, but after reading about giant cookies it's only appropriate that we would bake a giant cookie.

The frosting is in honor of our song for that week of preschool. You know the one . . .  sung by the great vocalist, Cookie Monster . . .
C is for cookies, that's good enough for me,
C is for cookies, that's good enough for me,
C is for cookies, that's good enough for me,
Oh, cookies, cookies, cookies start with C.  

And we could go on with the words but since you already have it stuck in your head like I do, I'll just let you finish it out. Oh, and if you were like me and you had never heard this song before because you didn't really watch Ses.ame Street as a kid, then you can g.oogle the title and actually see Cookie Monster performing it on youtube. 

**On a side note, I'm not sure if you need a baking stone for this or not. It might work with a pizza pan, but I've never tried it because I have a baking stone.**

Colossal Candy Cookie
Makes about 10 servings

1 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Reserve 1/3 cup candies for decorating; coarsely chop remaining candies. Set aside.

In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Add flour mixture; mix well. Stir in chopped candies. 

Place dough in center of pan. Using a lightly floured rolling pin (or your hand) spread the dough to an inch or two from edge of pan. Decorate with reserved candies.

Bake for 16-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely. Carefully loosen cookie from pan. Cut to serve.

1 comments:

shelley c.

I am such a mom - I know both the C is for Cookie song and the Clifford story... LOL. But I gotta say - what a great idea to do a huge cookie as a result!! :)