CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 1, 2010

Triple Berry Crisp

 
I always love a recipe that is easy to make, tastes great, and is healthy for you. This recipe for triple berry crisp is one that would fit in that category. I found it one day while reading the box of my Cascadian Farms granola, which then led me to their website, which then led me to this delicious recipe.

You can use any combination of berries that please your palate. I have used raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, tayberries, and blackberries. The website recipe uses frozen berries which I have used, but I love it when I have fresh berries instead. I just make sure that whatever I am using I have a total of 28 ounces of berries in my recipe.

I have also used vanilla ice cream as a complement, but my favorite is fresh whipping cream since I can control the amount of sugar and ingredients in it. Wow, typing up this post makes me really want a serving of it right now. Enjoy!

Triple Berry Crisp
Makes 6 servings

8 ounces blueberries, fresh or frozen
10 ounces strawberries, fresh or frozen
10 ounces raspberries, fresh or frozen
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups Cascadian Farms oats & honey granola, or another granola
ice cream or whipping cream, if desired

Heat oven to 375 degrees. In an ungreased 8-inch square baking dish, mix berries, sugar, and flour until fruit is coated (do not thaw if using frozen berries). Bake 10 minutes (20 minutes if using frozen berries).

Stir. Sprinkle with granola.

Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until light golden brown and bubbly. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm with ice cream or whipping cream.