CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 8, 2012

Cookie Jar Teacher Appreciation


As a teacher you would think that I would remember things like teacher appreciation week and the end of the school year teacher gift. Yep, you would think that. This year, my son's first year of school, I seemed to have forgotten these things. I know it's only preschool, but still.

When I got home from teaching my own class on the eve of my son's last day of school my husband mentioned that our son would like to give his teachers a gift on the last day of school. Quick, run to the computer and look for cute ideas that would be easy to throw together. Type in "teacher appreciation" to pinterest and score!

I found quite a few, but the cookie jar filled with cookies and a homemade card was at the top of my list. I knew that I could quickly bake some awesome cookies, so we ran to the store to get the cookie jars. My son's first suggestion upon asking what he wanted to give his teacher's was "hot wheels" so my husband thought it would be fitting to pick up a hot wheel for each teacher as well, hence the car you see in the photo. A cute gift that was pretty quick and easy to make. Enjoy!

If you want the cookie recipe, click here.

1 comments:

Q. August

We halved the recipe and made them. I also sent the recipe to my pen pal. Delicious! Thank you for sharing. My daughter had a blast. I will be sure to reference you in a future post.