CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 22, 2010

Whole Wheat Penne with Chicken and Spinach

 
Yum!!! I could not seem to stop eating this. Seriously. I ate a bit before I served it, I ate quite a bit when I served it, I ate a bit when I dished up leftovers, I ate a bit when my husband came home and tried it, and I ate a bit for lunch the next day. I will definitely be making this again. Super easy, yummy, healthy, and inexpensive. Enjoy!


Whole Wheat Penne with Chicken and Spinach
Source: betterrecipes.com


4 small chicken breasts
10 slices turkey bacon
1 small box whole wheat penne pasta
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
4 cups fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Grill or bake chicken breasts; once cool, cut into cubes or tear into chunks. Cook turkey bacon until crisp, then break into small pieces. Boil water and cook penne about 10 minutes; drain. Add olive oil to a large pot; add minced garlic. Cook on low for 2-3 minutes. Add pasta, chicken, bacon, Italian seasoning, spinach, and parmesan cheese to pot; cook on low heat until spinach had wilted (I had to put a lid on mine). Toss to combine all ingredients. Serve hot, or chill and serve cold.

0 comments: