CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 10, 2011

Raspberry Muffins


My little family of three had an early morning trip home from visiting my mom so in order to get out the door sooner I decided to make muffins that we could snack on in the car. I wanted to try a new muffin recipe and since I wasn't at home I knew it would need to be pretty simple, not requiring a bunch of special tools or ingredients.

I typed "best muffin recipe ever" into goog.le and this was the first one that came up. Just looking at the ingredients and directions it seemed easy enough. I read through many of the reviews and made a few adaptations to the recipe based on the comments. My husband chose the fruit for our muffins when he stopped by the store for me on the way back to my mom's from running errands and I was pleased that he chose to pick up raspberries (it was between blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries).

Yum! These muffins were so delicious! I really enjoyed the flavor of the raspberries and the moistness and lightness of the muffins. I will definitely be making these again, most likely trying out a different type of fruit the next time. Our 4 year old was very disappointed when I told him he couldn't have anymore as he was stuffing his third muffin in his mouth! Enjoy!  


Raspberry Muffins
Source: Adapted from All Recipes

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup raspberries, individual raspberries cut in half

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare muffin pan.

Stir flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar together. Make a well in the center.

Beat eggs with a fork. Stir in milk and melted butter. Pour into well in flour mixture. Mix quickly and lightly with a fork until moist. Gently stir in the raspberries so you don't smash them.

Divide batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Turn oven down to 400 degrees F before baking. 

Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.

0 comments: