CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Green Beans with Celery Bacon Sauce


I know this isn't much to look at, but it tastes so good! I love steamed green beans with nothing on them, but I find this sauce equally enjoyable. I like to steam my green beans, whereas others like to boil their beans. I have provided two different methods for making this dish. I use the first method because I usually make it with turkey bacon and I don't have much in the way of drippings. Enjoy!

Green Beans with Celery Bacon Sauce
Makes 8 servings

6 cups fresh green beans
4 bacon strips, cooked and diced
small amount of olive oil  (only if you use first method for cooking)
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
1/2 cup milk

Steam green beans. In a skillet, saute onion in olive oil until tender. Stir in soup and milk until blended; heat through. Spoon over beans. Sprinkle bacon over top.

Original Recipe:
Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Stir in soup and milk until blended; heat through. Spoon over beans. Sprinkle bacon over top.

2 comments:

Swathi

I like green beans, which i used in curries and fried ones. never tried steamed version .

Betty

Love my vegetables steamed. I am definitely going to try this.