CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Green Smoothie


Great tasting and healthy for you! You can't go wrong with a green smoothie. I know this may not sound appealing to some of you, but you should at least give it a try before you form an opinion of it. I was a bit hesitant at first, but once I tried it I found I really enjoyed it. I've now converted 4 of my family members from totally resistant, to trying, to drinking them at least 4 times a week. Enjoy!

Side Note: We usually drink a smoothie in place of a meal. We've had them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. If you drink it by itself it doesn't have much staying power, but you will be amazed at how much one slice of whole grain toast with your smoothie will fill you up more than just the smoothie itself. 

Green Smoothies
Makes a single serving

Base to start with:
20 large grapes or 25 small grapes
3/4 cup fresh pineapple, chunked
2 cups spinach leaves
1 tablespoon flax
6-8 ice cubes

Optional Add-ins:
1/2 banana
1/2 orange
1/2 apple
veggies or other fruits

Completely blend all ingredients.

2 comments:

Swathi

This really delicious healthy smoothie.

Anonymous

I am one of those family members converted. My grandson said "grandma, you have to have a no thank you bite". Delicious