CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Honey Pecan Salmon


We seem to be doing some healthier eating around here so I mostly have main dishes to share with you over the next few posts. I'm still working on those main dish photos, so if you want to see what this looks like in a more appetizing way hop on over to the source page. She has a beautiful picture of her salmon.

I ended up making the full amount of marinade, yet I only put it on two salmon fillets. I didn't realize this until I was thinking about the calorie count and realizing that it would have been a little higher than what she had listed since I only baked two fillets. Bummer, but very tasty. I loved the crunch of the pecans and the sweet of the honey. I am not a huge fish fan, but this is a recipe I would use again. Enjoy! 


Honey Pecan Salmon
Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything

1/4 cup honey
4 teaspoon finely chopped pecans
1 tablespoon soy sauce
4 (6 oz) salmon fillets
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Combine first three ingredients in a large zip-top bag. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper; add to bag and seal. Marinate in refrigerator at least 15 minutes, but up to overnight.

Remove fish and nuts from bag, reserving marinade. Place fish on foil lined pan and top with nuts.

Bake for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting fish twice with reserved marinade while baking.

0 comments: