CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 25, 2012

I Heart Sugar Cookies



Better late than never, right? I mean, technically, it is still the month of February and I consider this whole month fair game for gooey, squishy, lovey sayings and sweets.

That being said, I did have these cookies baked and cooled a few days before Valentine's. Then life happened. My husband left quickly to go back to be with his brother dealing with some not great stuff and I ended up spending Valentine's without my hubby around. Having to become the primary caregiver of our son while working full-time proved to be just a bit too much in finding time to ice cookies. My mom was over to help (thank goodness or it really would have been a mess) but I was pretty much exhausted by the end of every day. The idea of spending a few hours bent over cookies was not appealing at the time. So, I did what any cookie baker does when lacking motivation. I stuck them in the freezer.

A week and a half later when life slowed down, I pulled them out again and found the inspiration to get them iced and eaten. Enjoy!

You can find the recipe for the cookies and icing here.


And aren't these little candies cute! I ended up making them for my students as a little Valentine treat. They are easy to make and pretty tasty too. Square pretzels with a Hershey hug on top, bake in oven for about 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven and squish down center with a chocolate candy. I had all sorts of holiday colors swirling in my brain for an easy candy idea.

0 comments: